Doug Forbes – Partner, Acquisitions and Financing Lawyer at TDS Law
Doug Forbes practices in the areas of Corporate/Commercial Law with an emphasis on transactions and financing; in Real Estate Law, with an emphasis on buying, selling, financing, development, and leasing; and in Condominium Law with an emphasis on development, governance, buying, selling, and financing. Doug also assists many organizations, profit and non-profit, corporate and non-corporate with governance and general operational issues.
Doug acts for a wide range of clients, including large, medium, and small businesses, public and private corporations, professional corporations, non-profit organizations, real estate developers, property management corporations, and condominium corporations. Doug advises clients on local, provincial, national, and international matters.
Doug is a frequent presenter to varied audiences on topics concerning condominiums and buying and selling businesses.
- Member and Chair of the National Board of Directors of the Canadian Condominium Institute
- Member and Past President of the Canadian Condominium Institute, Manitoba Chapter
- Vice-Chair of the Deer Lodge Centre Foundation
- Member of the Board of Directors of Local Investment Towards Employment (LITE), an organization supporting employment in Winnipeg’s inner city through the principles of community economic development
- Member of the Canadian Bar Association, Manitoba Bar Association and The Law Society of Manitoba